- Cornelian Cherries, Oregon Mountain Ash, Pine Needles, Medlars.
I spent part of the morning foraging in Seattle’s parks, and came home with a selection of interesting materials from which to develop some unusual preserves. The standouts this year were:
- Cornelian Cherries, which look like an olive but taste like a cherry,
- Oregon Mountain Ash, with its underrated citrus-like flavor,
- Pine Needles, from which I hope to make a jelly,
- Medlars, a medieval fruit that requires “bletting” before reaching edibility.
What are you foraging this fall?
This entry was posted in Eating locally
. Bookmark the permalink